‘Friends of St Mary’s’ is the newly formed Parent Teacher Association at St Mary’s School, Colton.
The object of the association is to advance the education of pupils in the school in particular by:
· Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents, guardians, carers and others associated to the school
· Engage in activities and provide facilities and equipment which support the school and advance the education needs of the pupils.
To achieve this goal, the committee and members plan events with the purpose of fund raising for the school, providing
pupils, parents, guardians, carers and the surrounding community with an improved social calendar.
The committee consists of 4 key roles including the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer and is ably assisted by supportive members who assist in planning, organising and attending key fund raising events. Plans for this term include:
· Big breakfast in the school hall for the whole community
· Autumn Disco for pupils and family members
· Gardening club to improve the conservation and pond area, involving year 6 pupils
· Christmas Fayre with Santa’s grotto and sale of donated toys and books
· Re-advertising the school bonus ball lottery
· School calendar to include seasonal photographs of all the children in their birthday month
· Christmas cards to include each child’s own design
Funds collated and currently available to enhance school facilities were discussed at the recent meeting and it was agreed to provide the following school resources:
· School minibus services
· School hall stage theatre curtains
· New school hall curtains
· Theatre ticket contribution for a Christmas pantomime for all pupils
· Garden tools, implements and games for outdoor projects and activities
A meeting will be held at the beginning of every half term to discuss and plan events for the forthcoming term and decisions will there be made upon how to most appropriately allocate funds raised. The meetings are generally held at 3.30pm on a designated date and childcare supervision is provided on the playground. Toddlers are welcome to accompany those attending. Periodically, a meeting will be held in a local public house as a social event and to encourage working parents to attend out of school hours. New members are actively encouraged to attend and meet those involved. You are welcome to join in and assist as little or much as possible in any of the events or activities outlined. We look forward to seeing you.
We funded the school's forest school area including new fencing and gates.
We raised funds for a new chicken coop and run.